Re: [AD] X11 unresponsiveness and vsync

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 02:44, Chris wrote:
> Okay, you can pretty much forget about the previous patch I posted. I
> thought of another solution. Basically what it does is.. everytime an
> input update call is blocked, it increments a variable, and when XUNLOCK
> actually unlocks, it forces an input update for each time missed.

I had some trouble applying your patch over Elias' previous patches.
Inevitable if several people are working on the same code simultaneously,
I guess...
Anyway, with your patch in place, the sigalrm version of the library runs
in that it doesn't crash for me. Responsiveness to the keyboard is zero
though and the demo program hangs after the title screen.
If I interrupt the program, the traceback points me to libpthreads, which
doesn't make much sense to me. I'll invesitgate more later.

Also,
+               --xwin_missed_input;             \
(in include/allegro/platform/aintunix.h) should be
+               --_xwin_missed_input;             \

Evert