Re: [AD] From AL: Dead keys in allegro/mandrake

Elias Pschernig wrote:
I'm actually wondering now what the X11 keycodes are. They seem to have
a similiar function than PC HW codes - i.e. they don't change with
localization. Maybe they could be used for a direct mapping somehow?
Only an X11 expert would know.

I'm certainly not that expert :-) but the doc I found at http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/input/keyboard-encoding.html says:

"A KeyCode value carries no intrinsic information, although server implementors may attempt to encode geometry (for example, matrix) information in some fashion so that it can be interpreted in a server-dependent fashion"

This means that differents servers will most likely have different keycodes. But this also means that we may be able to do something for the linux/XFree86 case. This would solve the problem for a lot of people, but not for the generic X11 case.

--
Julien Cugnière