Re: [AD] debian mingw32 notes

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 17:39, Dom wrote:
> hey
>
> i was wondering if a small note could be made in the
> documentation for mingw32 docs/build/mingw32.txt
>
> this could be wrong or stupid, but its what i had to
> do to make it work
>
> --
>
> if you're using mingw32 under debian installed from
> 'apt-get install mingw32' it does not install
> prefix-less binaries in /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/bin, you
> may have to create prefix-less symlinks from
> /usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-* to
> /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/bin manually.

You're right. It's not just a docs problem though, but a bug in
Allegro's makefile: It ignores the XPREFIX. Setting XPREFIX to
i586-mingw32msvc- should work, since the Debian package has all the
binaries with that prefix in /usr/bin.

(Putting it on my personal todo. Or maybe we really should start using
the SF bug tracker?)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>