Re: [AD] sound frequency?

Ben Davis wrote:
The figure 45454 comes from the early Sound Blasters.  It wasn't possible to
specify a precise frequency

Just so you know, the SB16 was immune to this. I couldn't test it on any other Sound Blasters, but when I had an SB16, I modified the DOS SB16 driver, a long time ago durring me toying with code phase, so it used the exact frequency requested. I tried 44100, 22050, 16000, 11025, and even 8000, and they all sounded right on pitch next to their off-value counterparts (plus on my old 486 those few Hz really heklped performace with DIGMID :P). I'm not exactly sure what I did though, so I'm not sure I can do the same changes again.

- Kitty Cat