Re: [AD] Forced absolute grabber/dat object origin paths

Hmm.  I don't think I explained this correctly.

Okay, say you create a new datafile mydata.dat.  Now you create a
bitmap object "mybmp" in this datafile.  Now you grab data for it
(grabber asks you for the bitmap to grab from with the little browse
window).  Now, say you type "../mybmp.bmp" in the filename blank.
Grabber version 4.0.3 will translate "../mybmp.bmp"
into "c:\absolute_path\mybmp.bmp".

The problem is that if I now zip up this entire tree move everything to
unix, and tell the 4.0.3 unix version of dat to update this datafile (-
w), it won't know how to find "c:\absolute_path\mybmp.bmp" for
object "mybmp".  This means I have to go into grabber and and update
every object of every datafile by hand every time I switch platforms,
instead of just running dat -w for each one (which is easy to do with
make).

What I guess I'm asking is for is for grabber not to translate a
relative path into an absolute one, or at least to make it configurable
in case I'm in the minority(?).

Version 3.1.2 is smart enough to keep relative paths, but I still have
problems, since it translates '/' into '\' and the 4.0.3 unix version
of dat can't find (say) "..\mybmp.bmp".

Thanks for your time.

-Hajie