Re: [AD] Forced absolute grabber/dat object origin paths

On Saturday 24 April 2004 18:36, Hajie wrote:
> In allegro 4.0.3, it seems relative paths (eg "../blah.bmp") are not
> understood by dat or grabber for paths at which to grab data.  Version
> 3.12 (DOS only) seems to support this and I was wondering if support
> could be added again for it?

As Elias said, WIP versions of the Grabber and dat have native support for
converting absolute paths to relative paths and store relative paths.

>  Also, is there a way for paths to be
> platform-independent?

In a way. UNIX always uses /, which Windows understands just as well as \.
Not sure about OSX, though being UNIX internally, it probably handles / as
well.

Evert