Re: [AD] Forced absolute grabber/dat object origin paths

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 18:36, Hajie wrote:
> In allegro 4.0.3, it seems relative paths (eg "../blah.bmp") are not
> understood by dat or grabber for paths at which to grab data.  Version
> 3.12 (DOS only) seems to support this and I was wondering if support
> could be added again for it?

They understand relative pathes.. but I assume, you mean the pathes
stored in the update info. In that case, get 4.1.13 - an option to store
relative pathes was added to dat and grabber there since 4.0.x.

>   Also, is there a way for paths to be
> platform-independent?  Ie, for front-slashes to be understood by unix
> and non-unix platforms so that I can use makefiles to grab my data with
> dat.

Not sure, it probably depends on the version of make. I'd guess mingw's
make understands / as path separator - but I don't know. You could
always get something like MSYS to have a unix shell in windows, or have
a conditional part in your makefile which changes the used separator
depending on where it runs, or you could use makefiles in sub
directories, so the top makefile doesn't have to deal with pathes.

The 4.1.13 version of Allegro also has an option to recursively add
directories to a datafile, maybe that would also be useful for what you
are trying to do.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>