Re: [AD] Allegro's mixer

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 04:13:54PM +0000, Chris wrote:
> It's based off the 4.1.13 code tree, although the file doesn't look like
> it's been modified since before 4.0. If there's anything more I can do,
> or if you have questions, just ask. Comments also welcome. :)

I'll check it out when I get home (if I have time and think of it ;)). This may
solve a few annoyances I've had with sound volume in Linux.

> PS. According to the GCC manual, the compiler won't inline with -O2. You
> need to either specifiy -finline-functions or -O3. So those inline
> functions in the source aren't being inlined, nor locked. Isn't this a
> timer hazard?

The compiler will inline functions that are declared with the inline keyword.
It will not do inlining on its own initiative without -O3 or -finline-functions.

Evert