Re: [AD] Allegro's mixer

Ben Davis wrote:

Sorry, I should have made it clearer what I meant. What DUMB does is use 32-bit integers but only use 24 bits' worth of range. There's room for a 256x 'overflow' before you get wrapping.

Ah, ok. 24-bit mixing in 32-bit buffers. Gotcha. That's definately doable, just gotta write the mixers for 24-bit voices. The only thing though, is that the audio drivers will need to be changed so they send the proper bit depth (8, 16, or 24) to _mixer_init and possibly _mix_some_samples (I would assume they'd be the same?), instead of the current yes/no 16-bit flag. Unless you just want to stick with 8/16-bit output but support 24-bit streams internally. Or just do 24-bit mixing but leave everything else to use 8/16-bit.

And check your clock - your e-mails are all appearing too far up and out of order in my program :)

Hmm.. they're coming out properly dated here. Your guys' posts are coming from the future to me, though. Do I have something set wrong? The clock on my kde taskbar is right.

- Kitty Cat