[AD] Allegro on icc

I thought I noticed a message relating to the Windows port of Allegro
compiled with icc a few days ago but I can't find it now.
Anyway, what I wanted to say is related to the Linux port of Allegro.
I tried compiling Allegro (the C-only version, obviously) using the Intel
compiler (version 8.0) a few weeks ago. I get a lot of warnings about the
order of operations being undefined (I assume that has to do with code
ordering, but I haven't looked into that) but it compiles fine otherwise.
However, I was unable to do benchmark tests using the test program since
all text output appeared as a vertical line of black pixels. I did a quick
test and recompiled the C only version with gcc 3.3.1 and the problem
didn't show up there. I haven't had time to narrow it down further.

There is also a problem compiling a program that #includes the allegro.h
header file with icc. The Intel compiler #defines the symbols __i386__ and
__GNUC__, making Allegro assuem it is ok to use inline asm - which is in
AT&T syntax and obviously doesn't work with the Intel compiler.
Some preprocessor trickery should take care of that though (the Intel
compiler defines the symbol __INTEL_COMPILER, so the inline asm code could
probably be wrapped in #if defined __i386__ && !defined __INTEL_COMPILER).
I could probably submet a patch later today if wanted, though it may be
better to wait until after the 4.1.13 release.

Evert