[AD] RE: GCC 3.4

This message is in reply to
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6942025

> Btw, which Allegro version?

4.1.10

I also tried with 4.1.12 iirc and got the same problems.

> Weird.  Does the problem happen with other versions of GCC?

Up to 3.3.1 it was working fine.

I downloaded the latest snapshot of binutils, compiled it, tried to compile
the same allegro version with the new executables and got the same problems.

The weird thing is that wxWindows examples compiled just fine and they use
windres.

> Wunderbar!  Would you mind adding a few lines to the MSVC build
documentation
> about how to compile Allegro with ICC, when you have some time to kill?

Well, it isn't that a hard thing to do. Just run vcvars32.bat and then
iccvars.bat. Next you'll need to modify makefile.vc replacing every call to
"cl" to "icl" and every call to "link" to "xilink". Optionally, before make,
MSVCDIR could be set to the path of Intel C++ and a few extra CFLAGS could
also be added.