Re: [AD] dat

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:29:37PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> ... '-r' is clearly the best choice so I've renamed the former '-r' into '-f'
> and used '-r' for your option.

The options -f and -r are indeed both sensible in their new meaning, although
using -R rather than -r for recursive directories may be more common in other
utilities (I don't know for sure though).
That said, I do think it makes sense to differentiate between upper and lower
case options and reconsider support for --descriptive options. I've tried to
remember what the problem was with those and I seem to recall it had something
to do with the commandline options for the DJGPP port being limited to a
certain size...?

> Thanks.  It turns out that we can simplify it a bit so as not to use the new
> structure by adding a counterpart to 'open_folder'.  However, we need first
> to get rid of the global variable 'datafile' to properly do it.

Regarding the name open_folder()... is that going to be the name of the
function? I'm asking because I don't associate the word folder with a directory
(yes, I know I'm probably a bit of a dinosaur in this regard) and I think the
naming might be inconsistent with Allegro's present naming scheme (at least
in documentation and comments if not in function naming).

Evert