Re: [AD] Hashes bite back

"Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote...
> Is it really a problem? One of Allegro's primary goals is to be portable,
> so one could argue that you shouldn't be trying to load a file with such
> a filename with Allegro in the first place.

It is a problem on Windows also (# is a valid character in filenames). This
one actually had me stumped for ages trying to work out why allegro wouldn't
load one of my bmp files, when it would read other similar ones - turned out
the one it wouldn't read was called "frame #1.bmp".

Personally I don't use the datfile functions so I'd really appreciate it if
there was an option to turn off this hi-jacking of the # character.

Cheers
Chris