Re: [AD] aRts "pure virtual function call"

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 17:01, jcugniere@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[Sorry, don't know anything about the arts driver..]

> I think this came up before, but couldn't find a reference to it. BTW, are there
> any searchable archive of this list ? The archive on sourceforge doesn't seem to
> be searchable (unless I'm dumb enough to have missed the function :-)

Yes, I also noticed, the search does no longer work. Probably related to
something here:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1
So hopefully will work again at some point.

> Anyway, I tried to see if it was related to pthreads, but couldn't get the
> library to build without pthreads! I did:
>
>    ./fix.sh unix
>    ./configure --disable-pthreads
>    make
>    make install
>
> But even though "make info" reports "signals instead of threads", extimer uses
> the pthreads timer! Am I missing something here ?

Make sure the 'make install' worked, and there is no other version of
Allegro being used. Try 'ldd extimer' - it should tell you which version
is used. I also found out that 'make uninstall' before 'make install'
sometimes fixes installation problems..

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>