Re: [AD] Allegro on 64-bit platforms

I think a reasonable approach is to try not to make incompatible changes on
32-bit platforms and break compatibility as much as we need on 64-bit
platforms.  We could even think of backporting the work to the stable
branch.

Why not going even further and replace all base types with typedef'ed ones? We could add typedefs like

(u)int8
(u)int16
(u)int32
(u)int64

that always map to the right base data types. This would require some more work, but it'd make the code cleaner... And it's a thing we're avoiding so far, but definitely to consider at least for the future IMO.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx