Re: [AD] Documentation update

> See attached patch.

+or `false' in the C programming language. Parameters are always refered to

Two 'r'.

+ but only if there is no space characters between the left and right quote.

I'd say either 'there are' or 'no space character' but it needs confirmation.

+   and the usual platform specific paths for configuration files of your

platform-specific... files.

+   platform. For example it will look for `/etc/allegro.cfg' under Unix.

For example...

+   You can call this function before install_allegro() to override the path,

...to change the configuration file,

+   but after set_uformat() if you want to use a text encoding format other
+   than the default.

+   already been read into memory. Example:
+<codeblock>
+      /* Force German as system language, Spanish keyboard map. */
+      const char *override_data = "[system]
+	 language=gamedata/deu_lang.cfg

I'd rather be basic and write 'language=DE'.

+	 keyboard=ES";
+      override_config_data(override_data, ustrlen(override_data));<endblock>

No, you need to pass ustrsize(override_data) because 'length' is in bytes.
This probably needs to be explicitly stated.

+<codeblock>
+      ...
+      /* The user selects French from a language choice menu. */
+      reload_config_texts("fr");<endblock>

I think "FR" is more consistent.

+<codeblock>
+      if (config_is_hooked("high_scores"))  {

One superfluous space between the brace.

+	 hook_config_section("high_scores, NULL, NULL, NULL);
+      }<endblock>

+<codeblock>
+      const char *lang = get_config_string("system", "language", "en");

"EN".

+<endblock>
+@retval
+   Returns a constant pointer to the string found in the configuration file.

...a pointer to the constant string...

+   If the named variable cannot be found, or its entry in the config file is
+   empty, the value of `def' is returned.

+@retval
+   Returns an argv style argument list and sets `argc' to the number of
+   retrieved tokens (unlike argc/argv, this list is zero based). If the

Uh? argc/argv is zero-based. I see what the docs try to say, but we don't
care here so I think you can remove this old weirdness.

+   variable is not present returns NULL and sets argc to zero.

...present, returns...

--
Eric Botcazou