Re: [AD] Build problems with MSVC

> > Because of the new C++ test? I overlooked that. Does it work to use
> >
> > $(GCC) -x c $(DEPEND_PARAMS) ....
> >
> > at the end of makefile.vc instead?
>
> No.

What happens exactly?  What's the error message?  Which GCC version?
I can't reproduce with MinGW/MSYS, neither with GCC 2.95.3 nor GCC 3.2.

> Applied my previous patch with corrections.

I disagree.  The trend (initiated by Henrik's work) is to remove as many
dependencies as possible on non-native tools.  g++ is not a small package
and we shouldn't require it just for dependencies, even optionally.  We have
to find another solution.

--
Eric Botcazou