Re: [AD] drag and drop win32

On November 13, 2003 10:52 pm, aj wrote:

> > > Perhaps the Windows specific section of the Allegro docs should contain
> >
> > some
> >
> > > links to sites with docs about the Win32 API (and ditto for other
> > > platform-specific sections). What about adding a Windows example
> > > program that uses the win_proc hook to add drag and drop, or
> > > scroll-bars to the windows?
> >
> >It would encourage people to actually use it, making their programs
> >non-portable, and is therefore a bad idea. I'd much more like to see
> >examples using wxWindows to achieve things like scrollbars, which then
> >would work in Windows, Linux, OSX, ...
>
> not everyone is interested in multi platforms.
> infact i would say most allegro made apps are not multi-platform.  nor have
> much intention of being multi-platform.

Which is sad. Becase there are many people who can not play a windows game. So
that person looses out on many potential users.

Me being one. I don't have windows, and can't afford the >$200 pricetag for XP
Pro/Corp.

With allegro, it is extreamly easy to make a crossplatform game. The
functionality is there, you should use it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx