RE: [AD] new GUI focus selection algorithm

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:31, markp@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My 2 cents on the subject:
>
> What I see in windows products the down arrow key performs the same way
> as using the tab key. It will run through the way you order your tab
> stops. The up arrow key, the same for reverse tab. What Allegro does is
> add another feature that will let you use the right and left arrow keys
> to move from column to column.
>
> I would like to see the down arrow key process the same way as the tab
> key does within Allegro. For this no new algoritm would be needed.

Well, technically, it would mean as much change as any other algorithm
change. But from the behavior, it would be a bigger change than adapting
the distance formula a bit - the cursor keys would get a completely new
meaning. So, I think it shouldn't be done. It's relatively simple to
remap the keys to do this anyway (and it's actually what I could have
done in my original program).

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>