Re: [AD] Documentation update

On 2003-09-28, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> comments you might think of as useful for newbies. In the case
> of a more complete example, don't forget to @xref all the allegro
> functions you have included.
>
> Are you sure this is a good idea? Because I don't really see the
> benefit of

It benefits newbies who get a RTFM with a pointer to the
documentation. They can jump directly to the definition of other
allegro functions they might not know yet.

> +      char *p = string;
> +      int first_letter, second_letter, third_letter;
> +      first_letter = ugetx(&p);
> +      second_letter = ugetx(&p);
> +      third_letter = ugetx(&p);<endblock>
>
> Why three examples for ugetx and none for ugetxc?

It is only one example. The repetitive use of ugetx without variation
of the parameter shows the side effect nature of the function. A
different type for `p' doesn't seem to be enough of a problem to
require another example.