Re: [AD] 4.1.12 WIP release plan

> Could you postpone the release date of some days?

Sure. Let's say one week.

> I've been really busy with an exam until yesterday, so I haven't been able
> to care much about Allegro, but I definitely have some things to fix
> before the WIP release.

Fine with me.

> About the key codes issue: I have seen you put the OSX codes before
> KEY_MODIFIERS, and that should be fine (haven't tested yet though), but I
> have to investigate in KEY_COMMAND, as it is a modifier actually... Like
> SHIFT or ALT under OSX.

Ah! I think adding a new modifier is not as transparent as shifting
KEY_MODIFIERS, but I don't expect any major problem.

> IIRC I even introduced a KB_COMMAND_FLAG _key_shifts flag for it. I don't
> know the pckeys module that much, but I have to see if this could affect
> it.

Adding a new key_shifts flag has no effect unless you explicitly reference it
in the code.

> Today I'm going to install MacOSX 10.3 (Panther), the newest OSX release;
> I want to test if Allegro successfully compiles under it.
> In addition, I want to be sure it still compiles under 10.1.x, as I'm sure
> I've introduced troubles since I added the CoreAudio drivers; these use
> 10.2 specific things that I have to work around if under 10.1.x. Too bad I
> have no access to a 10.1.x machine (if you know of someone using it,
> please let him/her test Allegro!) so I asked on the idevgames.com forums
> for feedback, but so far no response... :/

This is certainly sufficient to justify the release postponing.

--
Eric Botcazou