Re: [AD] mingw vc7 make bug?

> seems the problem is that the MSVCDIR  or (upper/lower case
> alternative)  sets the path in vcvars32.bat
> with spaces, the trick is to edit the  vcvars32.bat   to the mangled 8.3
> format  //progr~01/  etc.

Yes, of course, we already know of this problem and we must detect it in the
makefile. That's why I asked you to confirm that MSVCDIR is not set, but
only MSVCDir.

> also, using mingw with vc7  is a very different process to the one
> described in  /docs/build/msvc.txt
> i suggest  1 or more of:
>
> * re-write
> * amendments
> * msvc7.txt  doc added

I'd rather amend the existing msvc.txt, but we could eventually decide to
rewrite it if there are too many amendments.

> i will write some text for this in the next days if you think its going to
> get used. ?

Sure! Thanks in advance for doing it.

--
Eric Botcazou