Re: [AD] RLE sprites and AllegroGL

> I am aware that, since it breaks the ABI, the patch can not be added to
> the 4.0.x branch but I would appreciate that you consider its inclusion
> into the 4.1.x branch. Notice however that this patch is not that
> important for the AGL developement to continue but if you commit it, it
> will allow a major speed improvement for RLE sprites in AGL including
> for low-end graphics card (and is not speed improvement a major
> advantage of RLE sprites ? ^_^).

There is already a patch from Vincent that proposes to modify the RLE sprite
structure. I think we can consider merging both for the 4.1.x series.

> By the way, it has been a while since the last time I built a CVS
> version of Allegro and (shame on me) I could not remind how to build
> Allegro from CVS scratch. I have to admit moreover that it took me a
> while in order to discover that installation docs are now hidden in
> docs/build. May be I am dumb ^_^ but I guess I am not the only one (or
> am I ? ^_^) so may I suggest you to add the well-known "install" file at
> the Allegro root directory ? It could contain something like "Bad luck
> dude! Try docs/build instead", well... you get the point.

Hey! The docs/build directory has been there since 4.0.0 (almost 2 years)
and is mentioned in the readme.txt file. But you're right, there is a
chicken-and-egg problem with a bare CVS tree since readme.txt is generated
by the build process (and the packaging process of course). However, this
hurdle can be overcome by reading http://alleg.sourceforge.net/cvs.html so
I'm not sure whether adding yet another file is worth it.

> That's all ^_^.

Phew! :-)

--
Eric Botcazou