Re: [AD] clipping line algorithm

> With is_linear_bitmap(), according to its own documentation? See
> http://alleg.sourceforge.net/onlinedocs/en/index009.html#is_linear_bitmap

Are you sure that we would not get a bug report from someone who has wired
its own putpixel method to a linear bitmap? I think that Allegro has
guaranteed up to now that a user-set vtable will be used instead of the
default vtable in all cases. This would break the rule.

If we decided to optimize the drawing functions, I think the test could only
be something like:

    if (bmp->vtable->putpixel == _linear_vtable->putpixel)
       use _putpixel
    else
       use bmp->vtable->putpixel

_putpixel being the degenerated case (no clipping, no drawing mode) of
_linear_vtable->putpixel.

--
Eric Botcazou