RE: Random number generators (was: RE: [AD] Allegro 4.2 todos)

Title: RE: Random number generators (was: RE: [AD] Allegro 4.2 todos)

> rand. This way the alrand addon can remain the portable way to provide
> random numbers to allegro programmers, with a choice of decent RNG's
> and reproducable results for those that need it.

Note that when I wrote it, I chose the LCG parameters in a rather
dumb way, by generating high enough primes. I didn't do any "real"
randomness tests on it apart from the PI approximation included in
the distro. So the choice of decent RNGs is limited to one, the
Mersenne Twister :)
(I'll assume the LCG is not good until proven otherwise (and I
might add a "good" LCG in the future, who knows (I didn't know
about the LCG page when I wrote it (shame I didn't)))).

--
Vincent Penquerc'h