Re: [AD] Deprecated functions and fix.sh

> 	Why are the textprintf functions deprecated in the CVS version of
> allegro?

Because the old text functions depend on text_mode(), so the whole stuff is
not reentrant.

> Also, I tried to compile allegro for Solaris Sparc 8 and had some
> problems.

What problems exactly? The 4.0.3 release compiled on SPARC/Solaris 7 without
a hitch.

> I havent finished installing it yet, but the first problem I ran
> into was in fix.sh. On line 92 of fix.sh, there is the following code: if
> [ -e configure ]; then
> 	chmod +x configure
> fi
>
> I get an error here, something like:
> fix.sh: test: Arguement expected.

You're right, a pure Bashism. Now fixed. I never ran into the problem because
I always use './fix.sh unix --quick'.

> Im not an expert in bash scripting so I cant fix it, but why have the if
> at all? Cant this simply be replaced with chmod +x configure

'configure' is not guaranteed to be present by the time you run 'fix.sh'.

--
Eric Botcazou