Re: [AD] (still) a race condition in mixer.c

On 2003-06-28, Sam Hocevar <sam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    I have had no feedback on my previous patch [1] for this issue, and
> the WIP releases still crash on SMP systems because of this. If a more
> polished patch is needed, please tell me. I have been applying this
> patch to the Debian allegro packages and got user confirmation that it
> fixed the crashes they were having.

Sorry, looks like it simply got forgotten.  The patch can't be used
as-is, though.

Instead of patching mixer.c, what about creating wrappers (in a
platform-specific file, say src/unix/upmixer.c) around the relevant
_mixer_* functions which do the synchronisation as required, then making
uoss.c, etc. refer to the wrappers if the pthreads are used?

--
王浩禎