Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 todos

> This is the case when we have to take a choice. Personally I'd prefer to
> let the user choose if to code his program supporting threads/mutexes, and
> fail to execute at startup by checking if install_threads() fails.

You are indirectly advocating to drop DOS support here, by pushing a feature
that can't be even worked around on this platform. I think that's a
"political" decision, not a mere technical one.

> Coders working with threads and mutexes are likely not to be interested in
> porting to DOS anyway...

What of Unix without threads?

> Humm, already commited a patch that makes the lib and all the
> programs/examples to use a private _al_rand()/_al_srand() interface. Seems
> the best solution to me and also gives pretty good results here.

This is blatantly contradictory: how can you make examples use a private
function !???? Either it is private and you can't advertise it in examples,
or it is public and you can. No middle position.

--
Eric Botcazou