Re: [AD] Autoconf hacking...

On 2003-06-12, Thomas <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have no real idea what Im doing in m4 half the time ::) What I want to do is
> grab ALSA's version and use it to determine some stuff... What I'm doing now
> is compiling a program (AC_TRY_RUN) and grabing the stuff it "echo"ed to a
> file.. Kinda dirty.
>
> Is there another way? I remember finding another (better) way a long time ago,
> but I've totally forgotten it now :( Anyone else got any ideas?

Use a meaningful return code from your test program?

If this is about ALSA 0.5 vs. ALSA 0.9, I wouldn't bother detecting for
0.5 anymore.  Last time, we decided to keep the 0.5 driver for QNX.  But
the autoconf stuff isn't used on QNX (IIRC), and besides, QNX are using
a different sound API now.

--
王浩禎