Re: [AD] Autoconf hacking...

> what I'm doing exactly is AC_TRY_RUNing a small program that outputs one
> part of ALSA's version at a time, and then loading it back into an M4/sh
> variable. It works as it is, and detects either main version of alsa fine.

Did you try to use the C preprocessor? It is named $CPP within autoconf and
you could use it in conjunction with sed:

cat > test.c <<EOF
#include <sys/asoundlib.h>
int alsa_major = SND_LIB_MAJOR;
int alsa_minor = SND_LIB_MINOR;
EOF

alsa_major = `$CPP test.c | sed -e ...
alsa_minor = `$CPP test.c | sed -e ...

> My 0.9 pcm driver is almost done, I just need to do some testing and
> tweeking, but as it is, Its in with the 0.5 driver. Not messy really, but
> If you really want me to take out the 0.5 code I can.

No, I think we should keep both for the time being.

--
Eric Botcazou