RE: [AD] Fortify and Allegro

Title: RE: [AD] Fortify and Allegro

> that's fine. But where does this ALLEGRO_USE_FORTIFY symbol
> come from? You

That was a change in configure, which I obviously didn't send.
You basically use --with-fortify or something similar, can't
remember exactly. I'll dig this this evening and send it back.

> don't you need to
> link the library against Fortify or something like that?

That's done by the configure bits as well.

> So I'd think that we need configure options for the Unix port here:
> --enable-fortlib and --enable-fortprog.

I'm unsure on how to differentiate between the two (lib and progs).
Would you want to have both a debug lib with Fortify and a debug lib
without Fortify ?

> (2) The normal method for configuring Allegro when compiling
> user programs is
> to define ALLEGRO_USE_* preprocessor symbols, so
> ALLEGRO_USE_FORTIFY would
> be fine in that case. But I see that you use the symbol
> FORTIFY too: is it
> a standard symbol for Fortify?

Yes, it's to actaally compile Fortify in. Otherwise, it resolves
to an empty shell.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h