[AD] Allegro 3.12, LZSS compression routines, pack_fseek()

Hi there,

there's a question spinning around in my head. Can one extend the pack_fseek()
so that it supports everything the Windows SetFilePointer() routine is able to do, that is

1. moving anywhere with negative and positive offsets
2. moving anywhere with relative and absolute offsets

Background:
I'm planning out a complete custom loader for the DirectMusicLoader8 interface that will make use
of a function that supports seeking backward and forward with absolute and relative seek mode.
I use the Allegro 3.12 LZSS compression routines to store all game related stuff like bitmaps, WAVs and MIDIs
similar to the Allegro datafiles.

It would be nice to hear from you, no matter if you just told me "Sorry! That doesn't work".
Maybe you can give me a hint, some explanations or if so some source code showing the stuff.
Thank you for your help.

::nobody