Re: [AD] Mac news

> Hum, ok. I use to prefer configure as "configure/make/make install" is the
> most common way to build stuff in unix variants, so to better please
> newcomers I thought it would have been better... That and your reasons
> said, and knowing the current configure mechanism is a mess, let's leave
> the OSX port with a static makefile...

Well, I don't formally oppose to using the configure machinery on MacOS X.
But it is to a large extent tied to the Unix/X11 port and I'm afraid that we
would need to introduce even more mess in order to untangle them. And we
would need to support Darwin/X11 too.

But I may be again too conservative, so Peter will probably have to say some
words on the subject.

> Hum, tried it and unfortunately it didn't solve the issue... Guess we'd
> better reconsider all the short * references in unicode.c

Thanks for trying. Too bad :-(

--
Eric Botcazou