Re: [AD] Allegro 4.0.3

If I remember correctly, the "allegro-dlls" is the same as the allegro-4.0.3-msvc6make.zip file on http://www.allegro.cc/files. I give it a different name, because I feel the all402_bin.zip name is misleading due to its incompleteness. To me, it's not a binary package, but simply the DLLs + a helper script in order to compile Allegro from the sources. I then provide true binary packages for each major compiler, complete with examples, tools, and libs.

Anyway, feel free to use the msvc6make package if you would like. It's simply a modified version of the 4.0.2. It may actually be slightly incomplete if new examples were added, but I did take a quick look at the output, and it seemed to get everything.

The difference in the size may be due to UPX being used on the DLLs? I typically use UPX when I make packages since it helps decrease the filesize, and I have to upload them all via 28.8kbps modem...

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc

Eric Botcazou wrote:
    Good job, well done!

Now that the 4.0.3 release has had some time to spread, there is one last
task to complete: uploading the allegro-dlls package on SourceForge. I think
we should use the same compiler (MSVC 6?) as for the 4.0.2 package. Is there
any volunteer to build the package?

Btw, where does the difference in size between the 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 packages
come from?

- Eric