Re: [AD] BUG: Page flipping and the screen

> Are you sure? I thought it always points to the entire virtual screen,
> at least I'm almost sure that's how it used to be a few of years ago.
> The old way of page flipping (before the invention of
> create_video_bitmap()) was to use scroll_screen() and keep track of
> where to draw on the virtual screen.  So if the semantics of screen
> changes, I think it might break old programs.

I'm obviously a bit Windows-centric: I was only thinking of the platforms
where the video memory is split into several pages. In this case, drawing
onto the 'screen' bitmap would do nothing at all if it pointed to the
backbuffer.

But now, after your remark, it seems pretty clear that the feature would not
be portable to the platforms with one flat surface of video memory so it
probably doesn't matter after all.

--
Eric Botcazou