RE: [AD] Palettizing truecolor/hicolor image in datafiles

Title: RE: [AD] Palettizing truecolor/hicolor image in datafiles

> A slight variation of this would be nice: if the bitmap has
> less than n
> colors, then encode each pixel with ceil(log2(n)) bits.
>
> Not sure how it'll affect datafile compression though.

A particular case of Huffman compression, you mean ?
I think LZSS is marginally better in the general case (LZSS being
what Allegro uses). Now, non paletted images might not be the
general case.

> It would be nice if the patch was attached ;)

Oops :)
Here it is. I hope :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h