Re: [AD] Figuring out the language from the environment variable LANG

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 02:14:55AM +0000, Ben Davis wrote:
> > > +      char lang[3] = "en";
> > >
> > > Kill the "3".
> >
> > Any particular reason? Specifying size is safer and -pedantic
> > allows it.
>
> Does -pedantic not allow it if you lose the '3'?

Well, maybe there's some stupid compiler we happen to support that
doesn't allow it, but now that I think of it, that's only a problem
with zero arrays at the end of a structure, something Allegro
deals with.  I guess I should stick my head out of gcc from time
to time. Suddenly using open tools one becomes closed minded.

> Don't make me quote from DUMB's source code ... urge to quote - rising ...
>
> dst[s] += (((int)(((LONG_LONG)((int)(((LONG_LONG)((int)(((LONG_LONG)a *
> src_subpos) >> 15) + b) * src_subpos) >> 15) + c) * src_subpos) >> 15) +
> x[1]) * volume_fact) >> 14; \

That's actually quite easy to understand, once you have read a few
Klingon novels with a viewer not supporting unicode.