Re: [AD] Figuring out the language from the environment variable LANG

> I always forget about 'its'. Let's see this variation:
>
>    install_allegro automatically calls this function, and if you have an
>    environment variable named LANG, its first two letters will be used to
>    set the system language.

Fine with me.

> > +      char lang[3] = "en";
> >
> > Kill the "3".
>
> Any particular reason? Specifying size is safer and -pedantic
> allows it.

Safer !????? How much time do you need to evaluate whether the following
declaration is correct ? (And is it correct?)

	char s[26] = "this_is_a_very_long_string";

The C compiler computes the right length in 100 ns and is never wrong.

> > +      /* yes, this is bad, but we only read the first two letters */
> >
> > "two first letters".
>
> Hehe, letters firts two say would yoda. I trust Ben, his domain
> name ends with .uk, and they have Rowan Atkinson.

Ben's call indeed. But note that your patch contained both variants, so I
simply pointed out that a bit of consistency was needed. Not my lucky day:-)

> > +      AL_CONST char *ext, *datafile;
> > +      char filename[1024], *namecpy = ustrdup(name);
> >
> > Don't mix char[] and char* variables.
>
> Why? It's funny...

I should have said: don't declare variables with different types on the same
line.

--
Eric Botcazou