[no subject]

   --Matt Witherspoon

-----Original Message-----
From: alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx Behalf Of Matthew
Leverton
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 4:48 AM
To: alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] show_video_bitmap() documentation a bit misleading...

>This function will wait for a vertical retrace if the graphics card
requires it, so you don't need to call vsync() yourself

That doesn't sound like it's promising a call to vsync to me. It's just
saying that if the card requires a vsync, then Allegro will do it for you.
Otherwise, it won't be called, because it doesn't need to be. I could be
wrong myself, but that's how I've always interpreted it. Of course, if the
docs can be made more clear, then so be it.