Re: [AD] pack_ferror() - differences between platforms

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:01:52AM +0000, Ben Davis wrote:
> It appears that malloc() is actually clearing the memory for me on Linux

Yup - that's what it does on all *nix systems, AFAIK.
This is a security issue - you wouldn't want to accidentally allow a program
to allocate memory that happens to contain an unencrypted copy of the root
password, now would you? ;)
I thought it behaved the same in Windows, but it's been a while since I spend
any real coding time in Windows.

Evert