Re: [AD] allegro-config patch: sed expression seds too much

On Monday 09 September 2002 02:22, Peter Wang wrote:
> Seems a bit complex?  Maybe the gcc people will change their minds in
> time, or some standard solution will emerge from another project.
> Anyway, what I suggested is attached.

3 months later, I have realised the solution. Get the configure script
to compile this program:

  int main(void) { return 0; }

with warnings on and warnings causing errors. Compile it, specifying the
installation directory in a -I statement, for example:

  gcc -I/usr/local/include -Werror -W -Wall -o test test.c

If the compilation fails, then allegro-config shouldn't emit the -I
part.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers,  lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx