[AD] mingw makefile - overwriting include dirs

Quick question... is the 'make install' or 'make installall' supposed to
overwrite the '%MINGDIR%/include/allegro' folder? Because as it is now, it's
not...

Two scenarios...

Install Allegro 4.0.2 into a clean mingw32 via: make all, make installall
Install Allegro 4.1.3 into the same mingw32 via: make all, make installall

Now, when you compile, you'll get a message regarding ZERO_SIZE (or
something like that). Manually copying the include files will fix the issue.
[I'm not the only person who's run across this.]

So, I thought maybe it had to do with the -mkdir item added recently to
suppress messages regarding the mkdir'ing an existing folder...

So, Second scenario:

Install Allegro 4.1.4 CVS into a clean mingw32 via: make all, make
installall
Install Allegro 4.0.2 into the same mingw32 via: make all, make installall

Now, you'll get errors regarding textout_ex, which is a recently added
function, IIRC. As above, manually copying the include files solves the
problem.

[In all four installs, the Allegro source was installed from a clean
folder.]

So, my question is... is the current makefile supposed to copy the include
files no matter what? If so, I can do extensive testing on Win98, Win2000
and WinXP to confirm my findings.

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but 95% of allegro's makefile confuses
me, so I wonder if it isn't confusing make itself. ;)

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc