Re: [AD] including allegro.h and backward compability

> Two cases:
>  - the user is a new user: he won't ever know about what was in
>    the API previously, so he doesn't care. No need to add names of
>    deprecated syms in the docs for that person.
>  - the user updates to a new version: he will go and read api.txt
>    to check whether code has to be changed to work fine. Since
>    deprecated syms would be listed here, he'd find those. And the
>    docs in allegro._tx wouldn't refer to anything deprecated.

Fine. Then move all routines marked as deprecated from allegro._tx to api._tx
and explain that your symbol disables them as well as several pre-4.0 era
symbols.

> Oh, I thought ALLEGRO_NO_STD_HEADERS was meant to avoid polluting
> the global namespace. Do you mean that it's done because some
> platforms don't have these include ? Win32 ?

I don't know the first thing about ALLEGRO_NO_STD_HEADERS, and Win32 certainly
features ANSI C compatibility. Perhaps it was intended to fix some problems
with C++ (like the ones that recently showed up with Borland C++), perhaps it
was only added because of the namespace pollution problem you mention.

--
Eric Botcazou