[AD] linux keyboard mapping?

I just noticed that Allegro's keyboard mapping is broken in linux.

todo.txt says this:

- key[] should not be internationalised (e.g. KEY_S should always be set
  for the key two to the right of CapsLock).  If we can't solve this in
  time, include bukinm's xkeymap program.

I searched with google for "bukinm xkeymap" and "xkeymap", but found
nothing. I also couldn't figure out how the custom codes i can put in a
config-file are supposed to work. Anyone has some info on this?

--
Elias Pschernig