Re: [AD] Pentium Pro optimizations under *nix

> It turned out somewhat simpler than I had anticipated.
> The attached patch adds a --enable-optimizations=processor flag, the value
> of which is passed to gcc.

Hum... I apologize, I should have studied the configure options sooner.
Their name is kept as short as possible (dbglib, profprog), so I
think --enable-opts is better.

> I renamed the --enable-exclusiveopts the option as you suggested, but left
> the functionality the same as in my previous patch, since I find the
> configure script is slightly easier to follow this way (less redundant
> code/checking).

I think that's too confusing: only one option (--enable-exclopts) should be
needed for specifying exclusive optimizations.

> And as in my previous patch, the intel specific flags should only be seen
> on intel targets - thus allowing optimization flags for other platforms as
> well (provided the correct -m* flags are known).

Ok. I've commited the slightly modified patch that is attached.

--
Eric Botcazou