Re: [AD] dat2c/grabber plugins (was: New font types)

> On a somewhat related topic... what are the odds that we could get a
> "load_font()" function for fonts (instead of needing to embed them in a
> datafile)? I imagine that the font loading code could simply be moved out
> of the grabber and into Allegro.

I would fully support this idea, but I don't know very well the reasons why
it was rejected and seems to be somewhat hot a topic in the Allegro
community.

Moreover, this could be *the* justification for re-considering my proposal
to add a sub-type plugin support for fonts: Allegro could provide the
top-level load_font() and the plugins for the fonts it supports in the
grabber. Then add-on writer could register their own code for loading their
own font. Same thing for load_datafile().

And we could do the same thing for load_bitmap() as well.

--
Eric Botcazou