RE: [AD] errno = EINTR troubles - any unix experts?

Title: RE: [AD] errno = EINTR troubles - any unix experts?

> by now, that my version of linux seems to be reporting EINTR errors,
> although everything gets written right if it is ignored (the attached
> patched allowed me to re-write all datafiles, without any errors in
> them, but it's obviously not a general solution).

I originally had datafile problems, but reading. These problems were
random, very scarce, when loading my game data. I found out, after
much debugging time, that adding recovery from EINTR and/or another
one (EAGAIN maybe) helped a lot. So Shawn and I added some code to
do just that. This was ad hoc though, and I'm not knowledgeable on
this particular thing, so it may have been kludgy or even wrong.
And, of course, there are probably other places such checks need to
be added to, but which didn't show up on my syscall failed radar.
FWIW, my loading now works perfectly :)
So, I'd say feel free to add such recovery code where it seems to
be needed. But that's a gut feeling comforted by previous experience
only, not a definitive "known correct" solution.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h