Re: [Fwd: Re: [AD] C++ fix math]

On 8 Aug 2002 at 21:55, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 03:16:31PM -0400, Jason Winnebeck wrote:
> > [...] So I guess I'm wondering why the Fix class is even there, and
> > what benefit does it give Allegro, esp with it being so out of place?
>
> Replace "Fix class" with "Dos support" and you will have the standard
> answer: backwards compatibility. :)

Yes, which is why I mentioned "Allegro 5"

And also, that is also why I was against making the constructors explicit,
because it would break backwards compatability.  But I was saying if we
were intent on changing it, a better solution is to get rid of it as it's
useless, or put cos in the Fix class.

Gillius