[AD] 4.1.1 WIP release

As you may know if you follow [AGP], there has been an ongoing discussion on
weird problems users experience with Allegro and Win2k/WinXP systems. And
this issue is getting hotter every day because of the gradual switch from
Win9x to WinXP.

I think it can be traced back to a design decision that was made in order to
fix the infamous page flipping problem on some gfx cards. The solution was
neither elegant nor robust, but it worked on most systems at that time.

I think we should get rid of it now and fix Allegro as quickly as possible.
I'm working on a patch that will implement a middle solution between that of
early 3.9.3x WIP versions and the current one. Hopefully it will fix the
problems on Win2k/WinXP systems. But it will need to be tested before going
into a 4.0.x release.

So I propose that we release a 4.1.1 WIP in a week or so, once all the
patches floating around are merged. But I can't make it because the system
I'm typing this message on doesn't sport Linux :-(

- Eric