Re: [AD] win2k problems (!)

> Luckily, thats the test I'm using, the "demo" program, each compiled with
> the new liballeg.a and run with the new "alleg41.dll" each time.

Could you try the grabber instead (tools/grabber.exe) with several
resolution/color depth combinations (see tools/grabber.txt for the command
line switches) ?

> With the allegro.cfg file, only. Without, black screen in windowed as
> before.

Ok, then the fullscreen and windowed problems are not directly related to
each other.

> I assume I can "hard code" any allegro.cfg settings.

Yes. See override_config_data() in the 'Configuration routines' section of
the docs. But take a look at the drawback of disabling direct updating in
the same section.

> Just want to say thanks for the help so far Eric, I've been going crazy
> thinking it was my code!

If you could reproduce a problem with an example/test program of the
distribution, you very likely ran into a bug in the library.

- Eric